How To Find Happiness ?
Lately, a study evaluated some of the best way to find happiness and the strategies that people follow to reach happiness, getting to know which strategies are the most effective. (Sonja Lyubomirski’s book ‘The How of Happiness’)
Based on this study, 60% of our positive feelings and 70% of our negative feelings are predicted by factors that are difficult or impossible to change immediately, such as our genetic, our age, and some specific aspects of our personality.
This may sound discouraging but the good point is that 40% of our positive feelings and 30% of our negative feelings can be influenced by our own decisions.
It is important to say that whatever you feel is good. Emotions that we qualify as positive or negative are in fact part of our human experience. And they are absolutely necessary for our inner growth. Don’t ever feel wrong, and take a breath. Let’s go then.
- Take the steady decision to Be Happy. This is the first step previous to any other strategy. Focus your intention, mind, heart in this goal.
- Do something particular that leads you to that desired emotional mood. Find what makes you feel good: dancing, listening to music, creating, doing yoga, running, cooking, or anything else that connect you with that feeling of wellbeing.
- If you find yourself in a difficult situation, change it or accept it. Then, follow your own way. Don’t get stuck in your negative thoughts. Don’t forget that our reality is created following our thoughts, and this is what we attract into our lives.
- Live more, and think less. Don’t force yourself to see only the positive, omitting negative sides of life. But try to accept reality as it is and go head with your life: work, sleep, eat, take care of yourself, and interact with others and so on…
- Try to fix small things, one step at a time. Enjoy your little milestones.
- Reach your higher potential. Keep in mind who you are when you are doing your best.
- Organize your life and your goals. Be conscious of the direction you want to follow and how you want to start. You don’t need to think of the overall process, you don’t need to worry about the obstacles until you get there. All you need is to take that right direction, and then follow step by step.
- Behave yourself as a happy person. Behave according to the way you want to feel. Change your body language and smile often. Imagine a situation that makes you smile.
- Focus your attention on your relationships, the important ones. Keep them safe.
- Follow some professional goals, o some personal project. Many people feel energized when dealing with new challenges. Nevertheless, if your working situation is toxic, maybe it is the time to find new opportunities that match better with the person you want to be.
- Interact with your friends and enjoy their company. Laughing with friends is very beneficial.
- Include some fitness activity in your routine. Find the physical activity that you love and save some time for it.
- Take care of yourself. Take time to prepare your own meals and try to avoid industrial food or sweet snacks. Sit less and move.
- Accept the help of others. Support them back and give them some help too.
- Enjoy every single moment. Happiness is here and now. Be grateful for what you have, simple thing such as the sunlight.
- Pray or Meditate. It is very beneficial to stay quiet and give wings to our thoughts. Enjoy each breath as a gift.
- Go party! You don’t need to give any explication.
- Work on your hobbies. Find an challenging activity that you enjoy doing , and develop your talent.
- Be more active in your free time. Try to give some limitation to passivity. Some relax moments are ok, but don’t lose your time with nonproductive activities such as watching tv, looking around on the internet or going shopping, as long as this will probably make you feel sad.
- Start today and little by little, you will start feeling a little better.
You don’t have to try all these strategies at the same time. You can choose one or two that match best with your life. Be brave and take into consideration that maybe some strategies worked for others but not for you. Don’t wait for happiness to be thrust upon you, but build your own one.
If you liked this article, don’t forget to share on social media